String Scaling stratagy

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:31:54 -0400

I don't like to see B% jump all over the place, but
sometimes such is not avoidable.  If I can get a smooth
transition from one section to another I am happy.  I do pay
attention to B% but will sacrifice it for inharmonicity if I
have to.  Tension is a far more variable variable than B% I
think.

Modifying bridges is not an option in most cases for me so I
am stuck with doing what I can with what is there.  I have
never designed a scale from scratch so I may have different
opinions if I had.

Just my opinion.

		Newton