Peral River

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:42:28 +0930

Hi Greg

It is not possible for anyone to COMMIT as no one yet has had time to have
any exposure to the NEW PEARL RIVER pianos.  It would seem that Pearl River
make pianos for Yamaha (possible joint venture), make their own brand of
PSO's (which have a lousy reputation) and the NEW PEARL RIVER pianos that
conform to ISO standards.

No one is going to be able to say which piano has been sold to your customer
and no one can give more information than what has already been given on the
list.

Summary
Old Pearl River pianos are not good.
New Pearl River pianos that are made to ISO standards are good.
New Pearl River pianos that are not made to ISO standards may be better than
the Old Pearl River pianos but not as good as the New Pearl River pianos
that are made to ISO standards.

What are ISO standards ?  ISO standards are construction standards that are
accepted by the International Standards Organization (or something like
that) anyway they are made properly and more than likely from imported
timbers and etc the same as Samick when they got their act together.

Regards

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au