I need to say this just for the record

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 07:49:21 -0500

On 7/22/00 at 12:22 AM Brian Trout wrote:

--big snip--

>15 years later, I joined the guild, and although a number of members were
>very welcoming, there were a few who were 'stand-off-ish'.

-- big snip --

One thing to keep in mind.  These are people.  People with different
personalities, backgrounds, fears, abilities.  Some people are just
'stand-off-ish' regardless of the situation.  We make a big mistake if we
read some ominous message in a person's natural demeanor.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts