pianotech list lunch

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 10:25:29 -0700

Dear Luncheoneers,
Although I was busy in the Spurlock booth most of the time, I did remember
the lunch date and went wandering around trying to find it. (The way the
exhibit hall was set up this time, I always seemed to lose my bearings) The
logical place to me seemed to be where they were selling the food.  I asked
if they had seen a large bunch come by and no one had, so after wandering
around a little more, disappointed I went back to Bill's booth.

I, too, was eager to put faces with names and I did get to meet quite a few
during the course of the week.  But I missed my big opportunity to thank
many of you for participating on the List and helping to make it as valuable
a resource as it is for the Journal.

For the Journal, I also wanted to ask as many of you as feel comfortable to
extend blanket permission to me (in writing) to use what you may post
without my having to ask for permission each and every time.  I know that
many of you want to know what is being used and to be sure that your words
are being interpreted correctly and fairly, and I respect that.  Some of
you, by now, have begun to trust my decisions and might be willing to do so
in the future. This would make things so much simpler for me if I didn't
have to try to contact every single person before using their responses to a
thread.  Sometimes this has involved expensive phone calls when the person
is no longer on the List.

If this sounds acceptable to you, simply send me an email stating that I may
use, for the Journal, whatever you have contributed to the List.  And if you
still are not comfortable with such an arrangement, that's fine, I will
continue to follow the same procedure. I am most grateful for your
contributions anyway and am glad to have them.

I hope to be able to meet more of you next year and thank you all in person.

Most appreciatively,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal