Bauer Grand

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:27:42 -0500

Hello list,
	Another odd ball piano and a request. Anyone ever seen a Bauer Grand? I
just looked at one and couldn't find a serial number anywhere - casting
- soundboard - various parts etc. Can anyone help please?
	Also this piano has ribs on both sides of the board- the bridge is
notched around them / no beams between the belly and the rim. The rim is
very thin (about an inch) but it didn't provide the shelf. The casting
was connected to the side of the rim (visible from below) and somehow
provides a shelf for the board (this wasn't too clear - it was dark and
the little dog kept chewing on me and my tool bag and the old man just
sat at the kitchen table with a cig. smoking away.)
	Anyway this is a first for me. The piano looks well built and actually
sounds pretty good - about 6 ft. I have no idea how stable it might be,
but it works and could be tuned. It certainly seems to be a rare bird.
It does have plastic keys, but I don't think they are original - It
looks like 1920-30 but could be 40s.
I didn't see an action make anywhere.
				Thanks for any info..
							Dan J in Wmbg VA