How many techs?

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 09:49:47 -0700

Hi there...

I am composing a letter for distribution among our chapter
members and non-members.  I would like to inquire if anyone could
tell me how many members the PTG currently has, both in the U.S.
and internationally.  Does anyone know?  If not I'll see if the
home office can tell me.  I don't need an exact number, just an
estimate will do.

Currently we are starting a major campaign here to reorganize our
chapter and encourage non members to join.  As the typical story
goes, many local techs resist the Guild and even resent the idea
of unification among technicians.  Our goal is to dissolve some
of these issues and try and get new associates.  We have a formal
letter going out soon to all known technicians in the area
announcing a special informational meeting.  Does anyone have any
constructive thoughts on how to encourage non members to
participate in the chapter?  Regional V.P. Larry Messerly will
also be coming up from Phoenix to help give our meeting some
punch.

Thanks,

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV