Piano parts needed

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:28:18 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/00 2:24:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
clarkbattle@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have redesigned the
 Wood & Brooks action and carefully built all the parts by hand so i dont
 need anything but the hammers and tuners (i can cut the dampers myself).  I
 need 40+ (preferably undrilled) tenor sized hammers and 80 tuning pins.
 Since this is a prototype i dont want ultra-high quality stuff, but decent
 enough for a proof of concept.  I can modify the design to fit whatever
 parts i can get so the exact dimensions are not important.  I did find
 someone who could get me a set of 60 hammers for around $230.   This sounds
 very expensive to me since i've seen entire pianos for $400 used.  Does this
 sound like a reasonable deal?  Maybe someone has some spare hammers they
 could sell me for less?  Thank You.

 Clark Battle
 Seattle, WA >>

Call up some of the rebuilders in the Seattle area and ask if they have old,
but still usable, hammers etc. They might do the trick for you. As far as
tuning pins, if you want new ones, you have to buy a whole set of 250 in box
from the supply houses. If you want used ones, again contact a rebuilder.

Willem Blees