How many techs?

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:57:41 -0400

>I would like to inquire if anyone could tell me how many members the PTG >currently has, both in the U.S. and internationally.  Does anyone know?

Carol Beigel has quoted the RPT number at 2255. I think the total would be just over 3900.

>Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on how to encourage non >members to participate in the chapter?

The best draw would be a technical. I'd suggest something fairly basic such as efficient pitch raising or upright regulation. A lunch may be in order, too. Consider charging a nominal amount. Free technicals can be poorly attended but, if you stick a monetary figure to it, prospects consider it as "something worthwhile attending".

>Regional V.P. Larry Messerly will also be coming up from Phoenix to help >give our meeting some punch.

There's your technical instructor. Set your date, mail your invitations (not too formal) and follow up by phone. Good luck. Sounds like a worthy project.

>Thanks,
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT
>Las Vegas, NV

John Lillico, RPT