Disc piano comparisons

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:02:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/2000 4:13:59 AM, Brian T. wrote:

<<I've never had the opportunity to say it personally, but I can just imagine

how it might feel to tell someone that "I won't put a player system on that

piece of junk piano.>>

Brian;
 While I don't think I have ever been quite so blunt as to say "piece of junk
piano", I quite often decline the installation of player systems in
unsuitable instruments. I usually say something like "this action will not
perform up to the capabilities of the player system and would not reflect
well on the player system or myself, therefore I can't do the installation in
these circumstances."
(sometimes it hurts a little when the extra income would be 'nice' right then)

 If asked I will always give detailed reasons for declining the work and I am
constantly amazed when 4 or 5 months down the road these 'same' people call
me wanting me to straighten out the work of some "installer".  Usually I find
all the original problems still extant and quite often new problems caused by
the installation itself.

 For the best performance from a player thingee ones piano 'must' be in good
shape and in good regulation as degraded action performance is directly
duplicated by the player mechanism, as I am sure you know.  The square that
is the subject of that thread right now 'might' or 'might not' be a good
candidate for a player system, dollar value and end results would have to be
taken into consideration along with owners expectations...........it 'could'
be a maze the like of the one in the "Shining"! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)
"there are always those hunting for something a little cheaper and those
willing to do it for a little less, these people are each others natural prey"
Unknown