Why and assiciate? Why an RPT?

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:29:39 -0700

These questions are a bit elementery and honestly I'm a little suprised that
there would be such a response on this list.

1. Why do we want more associates?
     A.  Because associates are entitled to participate in PTG activities and
benefits.
     B.  They greatly further their education and business practices and are
less likely to leave disasters behind them.
     C.  More associates makes a chapter stronger and has a greater impact on a
community.  Everybody wins.
     D.  Why?  Because associates can become RPTs!  You must have the former to
acheive the latter.

2.  Why do we want more RPTs?
     A.  See above and expand on it.

3.  If there are associates that have been made to feel they are not "in with
the in crowd" if they don't upgrade then there are two possibilities:
     A.  There are some irresponsible individuals in the chapter that have
approached the topic incorrectly when addressing associates.
     B.  There may be an incorrect interpretation by the associate.

The Guild WANTS associates to become RPTs. The objective is to create a better
"you", ("Be all you can be", as the Army jingle goes).  If an associate chooses
not to upgrade we still love you and are proud to have you as members.  Don't
misunderstand.  The Guild was created BY technicians FOR technicians.  It is
not a "club."  It is a professional organization that seeks education,
unification, and the advancement of pianos and craftmanship.

Something to think about.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV