How many techs?

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:22:05 -0700

Ted Rohde wrote:

> List,
>     It's this very reason that I have never joined the Guild.

<snip>

>  I was called to join in 1979 and, when a little hesitant, was told
> that they would have me out of business within a couple years if I didn't.
> I'm still here.  That call has kind of shaded my view of the Guild for a
> long time.

I would say that what ever person told you that they "would have me out of
business within a couple years if I didn't" was very irresponsible and very
incorrect.  It is a few isolated individuals such as this that give the Guild a
bad name and keep techs from joining.  I would ask that you give it a try and
brush off this person's comment like a speck of dust.  The Guild is here to
help, not to hurt non members.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV