Pinblock/Frame Separation

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:48:01 -0500

I would not drill the bolt holes untill I had pulled the pin block back with
pipe clamps (lots of pipe clamps) as far as possible or as far as I intend
it to go. This will prevent the wood chips made while drilling the bolt
holes from falling down in the gap and causing more problems. Once I have
the pin block back in place I have always been able to take off 1 or 2 of
the pipe clamps if they are in the way for drilling without the pin block
moving.

I am not sure, if once you let the tension down some, if letting it down
more wil make tunning any harder so I let it down a lot (half to three
quarter turn) so I know I am not fighting it.

John Dewey