Pinblock/Frame Separation

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:55:43 -0600

At 04:48 PM 7/25/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I would not drill the bolt holes untill I had pulled the pin block back with
>pipe clamps (lots of pipe clamps) as far as possible or as far as I intend
>it to go. This will prevent the wood chips made while drilling the bolt
>holes from falling down in the gap and causing more problems.
>John Dewey

Also keeps the hole straight through both parts of the block/frame.

Don't bother asking how I found THAT out!<G>

Can use a vacuum to help remove debris before clamping, AND to help pull
glue down into the crack by applying from underneath.

Guy
Fort Stinkin' Desert, or "Busted-Backframe City" (ultra-dry)