Why not to tune a piano?

DavidR2464@AOL.COM DavidR2464@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:13:11 EDT

I still think it goes back to the field of tuning itself.  If one needed a
license from the state to tune a piano just like teaching shop requires, the
PTG would hence become a paid club just like the music educators national
conference.  If one needs a license to cut hair why the hell not to tune a
piano.  If you need a license to have an animal, why not to tune a piano.  If
you need a license to fish or hunt, why not to tune a piano.  If you need a
license to sell alcohol, why not to tune a piano.  If you need a license to
be an undertaker, why not to tune a piano.  If you need a licensee to beg (in
some states), why not to tune a piano.  I think it is time that piano tuning
and repairing is licensed by the federal government.  Get rid of the RPT.
Everyone has to pass a state test and convert the PTG into the club it really
belongs.