Pinblock/Frame Separation

Leila Joiner ljoiner@azstarnet.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:32:50 -0700

>Where I am coming from is that more of these separated backs can be pulled
>back together if we give the repair enough time.  If closing the gap is
>desirable (certainly we all would agree on that), why not close the gap?

I've done a number of these repairs over the years, the worst one being a
piano that the movers dropped off the back of the truck.  The pinblock and
plate not only separated from the back, both sides came off as well.  I'm
happy to say both I and the piano survived.

I agree completely with the above statement.  I've never had a problem
getting the gap to close on one of these repairs, and I think it's highly
desirable.

--Leila Joiner

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."