pounding felt punchings (was tissue paper punchings)

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:43:34 -0400

Hi Roger,

Interesting you should bring this up...

You wrote:
> Walloping the felt punching with a hammer on a hard surface, is preferable
> to removing material.

I've seen another tech doing this on occasion.  I was never taught to do
this, and had already been swapping punchings for a year or two before I saw
it, so it's not a habit I picked up.

What I wondered about was... do those punchings that get 'walloping'
maintain their smaller dimension pretty faithfully, or do they tend to
return to where they were before the walloping?  I can't remember ever
seeing or hearing the question or the answer.

Any thoughts?

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net