Thanks - and still learning from you all

Ted Rohde rohde@pdnt.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:00:42 -0500

List,
    I'm the one who wrote last week about being called 20+ years ago about
joining the Guild or go out of business.  Sorry I'm so late in responding,
but we've been on the road this week as the colleges and schools are about
to commence for the year and we've been on the road in motels all week (this
list comes to a different e-mail account than my advertised address and I
can't pick up on the road).  I had 367 messages tonight from the list.
    From an "outsider" point of view (non-member), let me remind you all of
the good thing that you DO have going....
    You have some simply OUTSTANDING techs who submit to this list!!  I've
read all the posts, been in most of the problem circumstances that are
described, and all the "tricks" (bad word...you know what I mean) that I've
learned are usually posted.  In addition, there have been scores and scores
of techniques (better word) that I've learned from just sitting back and
reading.  It's a VERY cool thing you have going!!  I also read tonight how
you all deal with the not-so-good ideas (government licenses for tech).
Good job.  Stupid idea.
    I just wanted you all to know that I don't dislike the Guild or this
site.  On the contrary...it's a superb tool!  I just had a bad experience a
long time ago and still kind of prefer to remain a sideliner.  Just wanted
you to know that what you have goin' is a good thing, though!!

Later,

Ted Rohde
Central Illinois