Thin paper punchings

markbolsius@optusnet.com.au markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:13:01 +1000

In my last rush of responses ... I forgot to reply to this one!

At S&S in Hamburg they use a lever and block to press the keys that are slightly high...their thinest ones aren't as thin as the Yamaha tissue punchings (which I love for that glass-like result).

The block sits over the keys at the balance pin (and has a gap to allow for the protruding pin) and the lever has a curve or cam at the business end. The lever uses the pinblock to rest against as you gently press block against the key until you get the result you need. It has definite limitations...it really depends on how many punchings are under the key...the more there are the more compression is achieveable.

I wondered about the longevity of the "adjustment" but they assured me it was fine...as they would!

If anyone's interested I'll attempt a drawing and put it on my website... email me privately and I'll determine the interest level to see if it's worth the trouble

...I realise my description lacks clarity...Sorry, but it's Sunday night here...my brain atrophied a few hours ago.

Nite all
Mark Bolsius
Canberra Australia