S&S Teflon Question

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:38:30 -0400

Hi Terry,

The 'B' would not have had the Teflon parts from new.  But who knows what /
who might have come before you or what they might have done.??

If they are Teflon, it might be that the action geometry may not be right.
If I recall correctly, the knuckle placement on the Teflon shank is a couple
of millimeters closer to the action center than the earlier and later
shanks.?   Those kinds of differences would be magnified by action leverage
and would have a serious impact on 'heaviness'.

The Teflon era geometry was different than what came before and after.
Parts wouldn't likely mix too well from the 40's era and the 70's era.

I could be all wrong, but I got a hunch.  :-)

Good luck Terry,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net