"New" old uprights

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Wed, 03 May 2000 09:32:46 -0500

I have a customer here who had the most beautiful Knabe upright that was fully rebuilt by excellent technicians.  It was very satisfying to play.  It had a wonderful sound, and the appearance was superb.  Years later, when she really had the need for a grand, she couldn't get rid of it.  Wonderful as it was, no one would even contemplate paying her even half of what she had in it.  This is but one of my concerns about "rebuilding" old uprights.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts