The most unique place in D.C.

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Wed, 03 May 2000 21:21:57 -0400

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

>   Some other sights that should not be missed, in my opinion:

> 5. During the early morning hours (4-6AM) when the traffic is light, noise is
> low and people are scarce...the Wall...... and especially the statute of the
> three Vietnam era soldiers in the cospe of trees on the same side of the mall
> as the Wall, at the White House end.

Definitely a must see.  For me, probably the most powerful, moving place
there.  There's something about the seeing flowers stuck in the seams of
the wall next to a name, someone making a rubbing of a name, a couple of
vets . . . I have yet to visit it without getting choked up.  Maybe
that's partly because under a different set of circumstances one of
those names on there could have been that of a friend - or mine . . .

As you face the Lincoln Memorial it's to the right.

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA