WORST mishap...

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:53:07 -0500

Once I showed a roadie how to keep track of bass strings he had used from a
set of replacement strings for the Yamanh CP-80.   "You cut the  end off the
broken string and put it in place of the new one," and showed him how to
place it on the shower curtain holder clip type thingee where I had just
taken off the new string.   "So when ever you are in a big city you can call
up  and ask for the exact strings you need." Then as I picked up the string
to put into the piano I realized that somehow I had cut the new one instead
of the old one! ! ! The roadie got mad which was somewhat unerving but I
managed to offer to have a taxi deliver a new string at my cost and I would
standby at my cost and put it in at my cost, etc etc... but he declined.
At least that cooled him off.   It was for a group called the Babies.  They
had a hit but I can't remember it.   ---ri'cut