steinway action rails

Daleboy@AOL.COM Daleboy@AOL.COM
Fri, 5 May 2000 07:01:59 EDT

Hi David,
    In answer to your first question, I don't think that the vertigris will
leech to the new parts however, I generally clean all rails back to their
natural state when installing new action parts.
    You have a much bigger problem with the splitting rails. They need
replacing or get a new stack for that model! I recommend rail replacement. If
you are not comfortable with retrofitting them yourself you can have the new
rails soldered in by a subcontractor. There are several on the list and
advertise in the PTG Journal.
Good Luck,
Dale Whitehead