Mignon Piano Information

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 6 May 2000 21:52:19 +0930

Hi Jarrad

As usual I could be wrong but try this on for size.

Mignon was a Brand name for Palings Piano House in Sydney. or was it =
Allans in Melbourne ? Anyway it's one or the other.  The Mignon was and =
still is a goog piano.  They were made in Germany and in America at =
different times. I seem to recognise the German one as a medium range =
quality piano, posibly about the Gors & Kallman class but not sure of =
the factory at this time.
Try asking one of the old timer piano tuners.

regards

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au
    From: Jarred Finnigan=20
    To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
    Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 12:39 AM
    Subject: Mignon Piano Information

    Hello List

    A customer asked me today if I could tell him anything about the =
history of his MIGNON upright.  Apart from it being German and =
manufactured between the two World Wars I couldn't help him much, can =
any of you?  By the way to save you the time there is no mention of it =
in the "Pierce Piano Atlas".

    Thanks and I look forward to any replies.

    Jarred Finnigan
    jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au