Routine Maintenance

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 6 May 2000 09:36:13 EDT

tuner@mediaone.net writes:

<< I'm curious to know what  can be done as routine maintenance at the
 same time of the tuning. You know, nothing extremely time-consuming,
 but at the same time, giving the customer more than he expects
 and hopefully generating goodwill at the same time.

 Thoughts?

 Martin

For starters: Adjusting lost motion, tightening a few screws, dusting the
insides, adjusting the pedals.

But don't just do these things. Make sure you tell the customer you did them.

One other thing I have been doing, and it's starting to pay off. On the
bottom of my bill, I have five recommendations. 1. you're piano is fine, no
other service is needed. 2. piano/soundbaord cleaning ___ (and I put down how
much it will cost). 3. Action regulation_____ 4. climate control _____. 5
talk to me about your piano. (meaning, let's discuss this hunk o' junk).

Without going into detail, your customer will have this to think about. I
started it in January, and have gotten about $1500 additional work because of
this.

Willem