Recording charges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 6 May 2000 09:48:36 EDT

istuner@islandia.is writes:

<< Hi,

 What would you charge for a tuning if you were dragged out of bed on
 Saturday morning, (your day off), and asked to tune a Bösendorfer concert
 grand for a recording that same evening that just CAN´T wait until Monday.

 Could you give me your answers in multiples of a normal tuning rate?
 Do you charge the same for a recording and a concert?

 note: you have 35 years of experience and are the most respected tuner in
 the country.

 (My father was asked to do this just now)

 Son of Leifur Magnússon,
 Reykjavík, Iceland

I presume the laws of supply and demand are the same in Iceland as they are
in the US. If they are, the answer is, what ever the traffic will bare. In
other words. start with 4 times a normal tuning, and negotiate down from
there.

Willem Blees