Repeat Business

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 12:16:58 +0200

"John Lillico, RPT" wrote:

> To the self-employed tuner-techs,
>
> How do you seek repeat business from your clients?
>
> By phone?
> By Mail?
> By Email?
> By booking a future appointment at the time you do service?
> None of the above?

All of the above, when I need to

> Perhaps someone can keep track of this as was done on the "age" thing.

????

> Personally, I mail a reminder in the form of a quarterly newsletter. The frequency of mailing depends on prior service history.... not less than four months or more than a year from my last visit.

I dont mail reminders anymore. I call them and "tell" them when I will be coming. Grin.. if they hedge... well they fall out of my calander system and I fill that customer slot with someone who wants
regular service. Lots of customers who call me for the "occasional" type of tuning get told simply that my customer book is full at the moment and I might have an opening for a new customer in a few
months. I actually get a kick out of some of the reactions I get to this.

> Immediate results from this is about ten per cent.  I've have less success with phoning, probably because a snap decision on their part is usually a negative one.

When I used to do this kinda thing I had typically about a 30 % hit rate.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.