"New" old uprights

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 12:25:31 +0200

Richard Moody wrote:

> I always say, but I hope not for long, (as if) but I have been saying this
> for a long time,  "The market value of this upright is way below the musical
> value" ---ric

Gotta aggree with you Richard... and thats really the crux of the whole thing.
Often enough its a darn shame to see these old beaters just thrown out and
written off. I compare the "musical value" of a well "fixed up" (to avoid this
ridiculous argueing about what the word "rebuild" means..grin) to a large part
of the low end, and even the low midrange price classes and I just gotta scratch
my head..

Still, I see a change in the works.. and I for one am glad for it.

Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway