Doping the Pin Block

Staccatomusic@cs.com Staccatomusic@cs.com
Tue, 9 May 2000 21:42:14 EDT

I've been doping pin blocks for years and have never had a problem with it
rotting the pin block. Recently I was told that after doping it is only a
matter of time until the pin block will rot. I have never seen this to be
true.

I have had good results with quick-set, and the manufacturers claim that it
causes no rotting to wood. My first choice is to punch the pins, but there is
not always time to do this. (For example when preparing for a concert.)

Should I stop doping?

Any comments? Suggestions? Experiences with rotting pin blocks?