Gray market yamaha grand

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:36:35 -0500

romanop@attglobal.net wrote:

> Hi List!
>   The flanges are
> obviously not correct for the rail. The thickness of the flange causes
> the screws to wedge themselves against the block (and I mean WEDGE!).
> I had to brace my legs against the lyre, grab the brackets and heave!
> Doesn't do alot of shifting either!
> Any help is apprectiated.
>
> Phil Romano
> romanop@attglobal.net

	Phil,
This won't help but may add some comments. I just serviced an S&S M from
about 1922. I noticed saw-dust looking material around some of the drop
screws. Blowing it off and action back in and then out again - more
saw-dust. The drop screws are scraping the bottom of the block. That
explained some of the tightness pulling out the action. When it is
regulated perhaps the problem will go away. It's never been apart -
original block.
	Perhaps the glides have been positioned too high?