Steinway console tuning

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:53:25 -0500

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

an excellent tuning lesson

> Bill Bremmer RPT
> Madison, Wisconsin

Bill I deleted the response just to say...Well stated!
	I've serviced the same dozen or so 1098s for 12 years or so....and you
just very succinctly described my technique with them.
	Mainly...the concept that you must arrive with the belief that there is
a way to make this work...or exhaust all the possibilities before giving
up.
	I've found that nearly all makers and even individual pianos require
their own technique...you have to be willing to find it.
				By the way - those 1098s are very stable but they are after all only
45" uprights - what can you expect?
				Dan j