Grand Rim Construction

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 12:00:39 -0500

> Del, I once saw a piano with a concrete rim.  Yeah, that's right, a
> molded concrete rim.  The "piano" part was junk so quality was no
> evaluatable.
>
> In light of the above I would appreciate your thoughts on such a
> construction.
>
>                 Newton

 I can't help it -  I've been wondering about this as I run the dog in
the woods... what about a ceramic rim? I'm a potter and so I tend to
think of uses for the stuff. You could cast it  porcelain ,
stoneware...laminate it to wood.. it won't expand or contract - now
moving expenses might increase....
	Dan j