Recent widow looking at piano business

Ted Rohde rohde@pdnt.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 21:18:44 -0500

Mrs. Mallory,
    I've had some experience in this on two occasions.  You have had some
good advice already posted on this site!!!  There are many techs out there
who would love to have a database and a person like yourself to do the
background work. The problem comes in dealing with the paperwork for the
Gov't, the IRS problems of "subcontracting" vs hired employee, benefits for
the person, etc.  Afterwhich  being the reality of making money for yourself
after all the rest.  It CAN be done with the right person and a large enough
customer base.  Do you have a music store involved with the business to
supply a large number of new contacts?  Do you see enough of new referrals
from previous customers to keep it growing (along with the expected repeat
business)?  Just lots of questions and realities that have to be faced.
We've been there with a couple friends and it can work...by all means.  Just
kind of need more info.  My e-mail is posted at the end of this message, if
you wish to write.

Later.

Ted Rohde

tune440@juno.com