%#@$pers

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 21:50:17 -0500

>I switched back to my "progressive" lenses, which are less than ideal but
>WAY better than tri-focals, and have ordered a new pair of bifocals
>specifically for midrange and close up ONLY.   Close up is from 12-20",
>and mid-range is from 20-36".  I am very hopeful they will be my glasses
>of choice for tuning and regulating, as well as for playing the piano and
>working at the computer.

Most of these remakes have been progressives. I can make my peace with the
narrow field of view (barely), but not when the standard part of the lens
is centered, and the progressive in one lens is as much as three
millimeters off center to one side. Optics fabrication, as far as
eyeglasses go, is a pretty simple, mindless,  and standardized thing. This
last time, I requested they go with a flat top 35 mm bifocal that ANY idiot
could look at and see if it was even remotely in the right place. It seems
that, even with the machinery doing all the thinking, nothing is really
idiot proof. It seems to be fairly proportionate to the number of idiots
available, and I apparently have a veritable cornucopia of choice.

>You're right, Ron.... getting old is getting to be a terrible
>inconvenience.

Masterfully understated, even if I do say so. <G>

>Anyone try to train a monkey?
>
>Mark Potter

Oh, don't get me started on that one.

Ron N