Repeat Business

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 22:04:29 -0500

>Have any of you used "Gorilla Glue" - & if so for what application?
>ra byn james

That would be the polyurethane stuff, right? It is activated by moisture,
foams up and fills gaps and all that good stuff. I bought a small bottle of
something similar, if not that particular flavor of simian stickum, to play
with. By largely subjective and fundamentally unscientific methods, I
decided I didn't need to have the other 90% of the bottle cure into a
wretched mass between the severely limited applications I could justify for
the first 10%. I glued some strips of maple together, and pried them apart
a couple of days later without significant damage to the wood. I can't do
that with Titebond. If I needed gap filling ability over bond strength, I'd
probably appreciate it more. As it is, I don't see where the stuff does
anything I need done.

That's neither an endorsement, nor a condemnation, merely a report of my
failure to find a worthy use for it in piano work.

Ron N