Eyesight

Ra Byn James Taylor btnaudio@flash.net
Sun, 14 May 2000 22:44:37 -0500

There are opposing muscles that manipulate the eye in its socket. Wearing
eye glasses forces a specific focal point which makes some of these muscles
work more & some work much less. I've researched this topic & come across
the following exercise to better poor eyesight.

Go outside......on the porch or backyard is a good place.
Look at your hand & focus however well on it.....seeing your finger print
clearly is probably a good goal.  Then look at something 5 feet away &
focus. Then look at something a hundred feet away. Now reverse the process.
By doing this you are putting the dormant muscles back in use.  The extreme
ranges & the ones inbetween will slowly build these muscles stamina back up
& improvements can be significant.

In this age of computers & TV, it real easy to forget to look at the sky or
to watch birds as they fly by. Stuff little kids do that most grownups
probably don't.........

The eye is shaped by the muscles in the eye socket.

I hope this makes sense to somebody else.

I'm currently 28, the only person in my family of 11 who doesn't wear
glasses & I probably see better now than I did when I was 18 although this
computer isn't helping....

ra byn james