need advice please...

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 15 May 2000 19:28:25 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/0 10:59:56 PM, charly_tuner@hotmail.com writes:

<<  asking if I could replace TWO lost keytops on
an old vertical.
they may be ivory.   Can I replace them
with non ivory and have them match reasonably well? The old keys are most
likely somewhat yellowed as well.

Greetings,
   you will need to go out there with a box of ivory heads, some white wafer,
everything you need to clean, glue, and clamp some heads, and charge your
normal hourly rate.
   I have had some great results from dipping  a linen, "glue-soaked",  wafer
 in a slightly diluted PVC-E glue and clamping the ivory on it for an hour.
regards,
Ed