need advice please...

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:32:16 -0600

Hi Terry,
            This may help, contact the customer and find the exact keys
that are missing, bear in mind that the notch cut outs are different for
each note of the scale. Call around the rebuilders in the area and ask if
they have some salvaged blanks from key recovering jobs. See if you can buy
a few different colours for each note, and be able to return the unused
pieces.
Reglue the blanks, and rub down with 600 grit wet and dry so there is a
smooth surface to the keytop, then polish.
Alternatively pick up the keys and take them to some one that has some
experience in repairing and replacing used Ivory. Ask to watch him do the
repair. Big City like LA must have lot's of tech's with the know how.
Hope this helps
Roger