Repeat Business

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 22:30:17 -0500

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >Have any of you used "Gorilla Glue" - & if so for what application?
> >ra byn james
>
> That would be the polyurethane stuff, right? It is activated by moisture,
> foams up and fills gaps and all that good stuff. I bought a small bottle of
> something similar, if not that particular flavor of simian stickum, to play
> with. By largely subjective and fundamentally unscientific methods, I
> decided I didn't need to have the other 90% of the bottle cure into a
> wretched mass between the severely limited applications I could justify for
>

> Ron N

The polyurethane stuff is a good glue...but yeah I had the same
experience with only using a small amount and having the rest form a
hard mass.
	I used it for gluing a teak gamelon gong stand back together. After
talking to some antique dealer furniture repair friends decided the
polyurethane glue would have a better chance with the oily wood. So far
so good....2 years later.
	Here in the humid SE seaboard it's a good choice since moisture
abounds.
	I'm going to try it on those maple dowels on the kitchen chairs and
some other things to see how it holds up.
							Dan J