NPR: (not piano related) computer help needed...

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 18:53:59 -0600

Hi Brian,

Yes there are several graphic packages that can convert formats for you.
You may also be able to save the orginal file as a .tiff. A tiff has *all*
the data for graphics (i.e. highest density of information about the
graphic) It will be a large file as a tiff, but once you have it as that
conversion should be a snap for you. I am not familiar with M$publisher but
I am *not* surprised they use their own propritary file format.

At 08:32 PM 5/19/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>I know some of you are pretty knowledgeable with computer stuff.
>
>The recent discussions about advertising with signs on the cars and trucks
>that we use every day got me poking around the web looking for someone who
>makes magnetic signs.
>
>I used Microsoft Publisher to work up a design that I though would look
>pretty neat.  Got it all just the way I wanted it, and e-mailed it to a sign
>company.
>
>Problem is, they can't use a pub file.  They asked if I could send it to
>them in a jpg, gif, eps, or bmp file.  Is there a way to convert what I have
>to what they need?
>
>Anybody got an idea?
>
>I appreciate your help.
>
>...actually, it might be somewhat piano related after all...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Brian Trout
>Quarryville, PA
>btrout@desupernet.net