appraisal techniques

Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Sat, 20 May 2000 10:17:39 -0500

At 08:33 PM 05/19/2000 PDT, you wrote:

>......being a newbie,
>I would really much appreciate any tips/advice on appraisal dos & don'ts,
>and any help i can get in this area.

Terry,

A Steinway dealer I once worked with told me to start with a figure that is
half
the price of a new comparable make & model piano, then deduct the cost of any
repairs the unit needs to arrive at an "as is" value.  Right or wrong, it's a
way of arriving at an answer for them.  Just like used cars, if it's in great
shape it's going to bring more than if it's all beat up.  Neatness counts!

Dave