broken screw

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 20 May 2000 10:52:14 -0500

>Ron
>Clever! what did you use to grind the point on the dry wall screw?

That would be my state of the art "Name on Request" old 6" bench grinder.
The three sided point was to produce edge angles that would bite better, or
turn over when I drove it in the hole. Fortunately they didn't, and it
worked. If it hadn't worked, I'd have tried four corners. If that hadn't
worked, it would have been drill and plug. Normally I'm suspicious of one
of my ideas that works the first time, but this was simple and
straightforward enough that I'll try it again the next time... if I remember.

Ron N