Rippen stability

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Mon, 22 May 2000 01:02:45 +0100

Dear list,

Rippen made a three part laminated soundboard.

What´s the story on that, and what variations do companies have in that
regard, and through history?
Does it matter much?

The Rippens I´ve seen have been tremendously stable in the long term.  Many
of them eerily close to pitch after 10-15 years.  I don´t think that was
because of humidity since other pianos have not been this stable here.
They had some 24 laminations in the pin block.
Might that contribute a lot compared to the soundboard?

Regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland