Elton John

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 21 May 2000 22:07:47 -0700

Of course Billy now has lost a portion of his hearing in his right ear from
listening to a Barcus Berry pickup, with all high end.  This enabled the
piano to "cut" through the onstage sound...

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Roger Jolly
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2000 9:51 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Elton John

Hi ra byn james,
                          Billy Joel had a Baldwin SD10 and a tech supplied
by Baldwin fir his Canadian tour.  It had to be the brightest souding piano
I've ever heard. Rocks for hammers, his choice. Amazing what the ssound
guy's can do. Billy's comment, I can still hear the piano with all the
sound equipment going.
Roger

At 03:30 AM 21/05/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Someone with a big name (Elton John,Bruce Hornsby,Billy Joel, etc.)
touring
>as a pianist with a band will probably be carrying their own piano & their
>own tech.
>
>ra byn james

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.