a dim view

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 May 2000 12:02:47 EDT

In a message dated 05/25/2000 9:22:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:
Wim, I am posting this reply to the list because it is already out and I feel
my views should be aired publicly.
> David:
>
>  For some reason you have opted to view me as a "hater of all Aossciates".
>  Even though I write the posts, most of what I write I heard from other
RPT's
>  over the years. These are not necessarily my views alone.

I do not view you as a hater of all Associates- just as an elitist, if you
are not an elitist then tell me why, I will listen. I will also say that my
views are not mine alone.

>  I don't know how long you have been a member of PTG, but I have been one
for
>  23 years. I have served on the PTG Board as CWRVP for 2 years, I have been
>  delegate or alternate to Council for about 20 of those 23 years. I am a
CTE,
>  and have gien countless exams. I have  served on a number of  PTG
committees,
>  and taught a countless seminars and conventions. I have also served my
>  chapter in every office, and I was the newsletter editor for over 10
years.
>  So I have actively been around for a long time.

I have been a member for about 3 years and while I do admire your
accomplishments and titles, I have not been sitting on my hands, I
participate on commitees, am program coordinator, and teach technicals.  I
will be teaching a mini at Arlington. While this does not compare to your
accomplishments over 23 years I am proud of what I have done and will do much
more in the future and as a RPT.

>  The views I present are a compilation of what I have learned over the
years.
> I agree that there is another point of view, but I believe in what I say.
And
>  trust me, I am not alone.
 So remember,. when you pick on me, you are pickingon a large number of
>  members who feel the same way I do. You might not like it, but that is the
>  way it is

I trust that you believe in what you say, so do I, and by the way I will say
it again I am not alone either.  To say that I am picking on you is absurd
when what I am doing is disagreeing with your views. Am I not allowed my
views?  If other "RPT's feel like I am picking on them let them tell me
themselves.  I am quite willing to listen.

 Read Carol's latest post. Most of her ideas I have presented to this list
 on previous occasions. I strongly feel that the current set up is unfair,
and
>  inequitable. I want the PTG to either drop Assocaites from its rank, or go
>  the other way, and give Assocaites full rights and priveledges. But to ge
>  those rights and priveledges, non RPT's must prive some level of
competence.
>  As Cariol suggested, a rebuildere doens't have to show aural tuning skils,
>  just as an in home tuner, doesn't ahve to show rebuilding skills. There is
>  room in the PTG for both.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you can just drop us, I am sure someone
will point out if I'm wrong.  I believe RPT's do deserve the extra rights
they have and Associates have to earn those rights by passing the test, I do
not want something for nothing. I believe there should be a seperate
classification for rebuilders as that is what I do and I will never tune
pianos for a living, but I am still willing to take the test as it will make
me a better technician.  If there is still room for both classifications then
we will have to eliminate this animosity and work together for the good of
the Guild which is ultimately for our own good.

>  What I don't like is the attidue some are taking that ALL Associates be
> given equal rights just because they pay dues.  There has to be
accountability. As
>  I said in a previousl post, when Associates become more than 50% of the
>  membership, the PTG will have lost omne of its' priciples of providing
"the
>  best possible piano service to the piano community". (ART.1, Sec. B5.)

 As I stated above I don't think giving Assosiates all rights is good for the
PTG. There should be status in being a RPT, status based on ability, not
status for status sake.
How can the level of Associates going over 50% cost the PTG some of its
principles?  Isn't providing the education to raise the skills of anyone
providing the best possible service to the piano community?

David Koelzer
Associate Member
DFW