Plastic elbows

Pianogreig@AOL.COM Pianogreig@AOL.COM
Sun, 28 May 2000 12:26:49 EDT

Hasn't anyone else come across the gummy plastic broken elbows which can't be
cut out of the wippen slot?  I've found some in nearly all jobs I've done &
still remember my first encounter with same.  It did give me an opportunity
to use up a lot of the Penistan repair clips I had on hand to repair the
wippen sticker slots.

After that experience I've only used the complete wood elbow replacement
involving action removal and action cradle.  If it has plastic wippen flanges
they can be replaced at the same time.  If not plastic then they can be
tightened;  damper felts & hammers can also be filed more easily with the
action out.

Bruce