Plastic elbows

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Sun, 28 May 2000 13:17:18 -0400

Pianogreig@AOL.COM wrote:

> Hasn't anyone else come across the gummy plastic broken elbows which can't be
> cut out of the wippen slot?  I've found some in nearly all jobs I've done &
> still remember my first encounter with same.

For those, I've discovered that by un-hooking the bridle strap (allowing
the wippen to drop - or is that redundant in a spinet) you can use your
center pin tool to push the center pin out one side of the wippen,
allowing easy removal of the "gummy bears" - you still have to be
careful of thin wood though.  And watch out for those with plastic
wippen flanges - yikes!

There are some things you don't want to get too good at . . .

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA