Waterfall Tests

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 11:00:35 -0400

Hi List,

On more than one occasion,  I've been told about a now deceased blind
tuner who was known particularly for playing beautiful "waterfall" or
cascading arpeggios at the completion of his work.  I know that most of
the people I tune for do not know the significance of my testing for
smoothly ascending thirds, good clean unisons, and pleasing octaves.
Since several of my customers were really impressed with the blind
tuner's "tests" I would like to incorporate a few of these into my
repertoire.  I'm sure many of you on the list have some very impressive
suggestions.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee