Yamaha U1 touchweight

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 11:33:42 +0000

What about this,

for increasing leverage on the *whippen*, manipulate the capstan wire (if
present) in such a way that the capstan touches the whippen closer to you
than it did before.
Would you think this to be a bad idea?
It wouldn´t have to be really tipped or anything but I wonder if this would
increase the wear and tear on the overlying felt.

Best regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland