Dead note--no sustain

Marvin McDonald pianomarv@home.com
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 20:51:14 -0800

Jeff,
I'm not sure that you know what a Chop Stick voicing tool is so I thought I
had better explain that.

Its a piece of 1/8" downling about 8" long.  At one end there is a voicing
needle that is glued into it using Super Glue and the Kicker.  Leave the
needle sticking out about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch.  This way you can voice a
grand without removing the action.

I hold the key down and then push the hammer into the backcheck when voicing
and that helps hold it while I needle.

On a vertical you will want a single needle curved voicing tool, like the
one Yamaha makes, for the underside of the hammer.

Have a great day.
=----Marvin McDonald, Associate